Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Faith

By: Grayson Givens (Gilbert Noel)


I once knew Hope

She was sweet
She was gentle
She had Faith
Faith was strong
Until that cold shady day
I turned way to crazy
Lazy thoughts
Turned my faith off
Just wanted to Die
SHoot all thes lies
back into my veins
Cut My Damn Heart out
Throw it Out
Split My Brain
Cause all I fill pain
Lost My Faith
So hope left to
Just wanted to leave
This Mental hell
Cause I lost all
My Faith and Hope
Those emotions are useless
to Me
So I am Gone
and Thats my faith

3 comments:

  1. Despite this poem being highly pessimistic, I like the way Givens puts faith and hope together as if they were one entity. I in a way agree with the poet and how he describes that if one looses faith, hope leaves too. Without hope, there is no faith...through hope, comes faith, so if you have hope something would happen you have faith that it will...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with the poem and Jonny. Faith, hope, and happiness are all intertwined. Faith and hope are like the glimmering light at the end of the tunnel, at the end of life. Again, it seems only natural to find comfort in a greater being because when we are left to ourselves and our own thoughts, we think of things like "Cut My Damn Heart out / Throw it Out / Split My Brain"
    I can also connect this poem with Jonny's. It is easy to lose faith, because even this guy loses it in a split second when he turned it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose this poem because it shows what lack of faith can do to an individual. After loss of faith or a loved one, or both, the author feels that she has lost all will to live. She also includes the use of drugs and bodily desecration to support her point.

    ReplyDelete